CANINE CAMPERVAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The hirer is required to pay 50% deposit of total booking fee or £150.00 booking deposit for Campervan Hire or £50 For Caravan Hire which ever is the greatest, by bank transfer or card payment over the phone when confirming the booking. Please note the deposit is non-refundable, more details can be found in the cancellation section.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR BOOKING IS NOT SECURE UNTIL YOUR DEPOSIT HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
- Once the full deposit has been received, your booking will be confirmed by email including, an invoice detailing balance of payment which must be paid 30 days prior to the commencement of hire.
- If the hire is within two months of booking full balance is payable at the time of booking.
- A Valid Credit Card is essential for security we will pre-authorisation payment of £500 for Campervan Hire or £150 for Caravan Hire to cover any damage you are liable for. (see ‘liabilities’ below) We will contact you by telephone for this, 5 days before your booking commences.
- Hirers are advised to obtain their own holiday insurance to safeguard against such eventualities.
- We reserve the right to cancel the booking before commencement of hire, if the named driver’s licences are invalid or do not comply with the requirements in the terms and conditions. In this case you will forfeit the booking deposit and hire charges already paid. (campervan only)
- Deposits are non-refundable, however if you do cancel your booking we will refund you the balance of the invoice (minus the deposit) as the below increments;
Cancel booking over 4 weeks before date of hire 50% of balance refunded
Cancel booking less than 4 weeks date of hire 0% of balance refunded.
Drivers – Campervan only
- We will need proof of I.D and your drivers license details, this can be done anytime between booking and your first day of hire.
- Drivers must be over 21 and under 79 years of age, and have held a full driving licence valid for the relevant vehicle for at least two years prior to the commencement of hire.
- Driver’s licence must be free of endorsements except for minor speeding or parking offences (drivers with more than 6 penalty points may be subject to an insurance loading).
- Drivers who passed their test after 1996 may be restricted on the weight of motorhome they are permitted to drive, please telephone to check.
- Licences must be produced at the time of vehicle collection. Visitors from abroad must produce a valid unendorsed domestic driving licence or international driving permit.
- The price covers one named driver; additional drivers may be added at an additional charge of £10.00 per driver per day (subject to any endorsements).
Insurance – Campervan Only
- Fully comprehensive insurance for the use in the UK is included within the hire charge.
- The insurance is only valid for the period of the hire, thus any late return would automatically constitute a traffic offence under the Road Traffic Act.
- Invalid insurance means the driver and main hirer become personally liable for any accident damage to the motorhome, third party property and third party personal injuries.
- Insurance cover is for the vehicle and equipment only. Personal possessions are not covered; hirers are advised to take out holiday insurance.
- Should the condition of the vehicle be otherwise; then repairs, replacements or cleaning costs will be charged against the deposit plus and if exceeds the deposit total, the hirer will be liable for the balance.
- If the hirer is found to have damaged the vehicle by negligence (i.e. no other person or vehicle is involved) the hirer will be responsible for full rectification costs which will be charged against the deposit.
- Front and rear bumpers, roof lights, windows, wing mirrors and external doors are typical components prone to damage by negligence.
- Collision waiver is not available and excess will be charged at £500.
Collection and returns –Campervans
- Vehicles are available for collection from 12pm and must be returned before 10am unless otherwise arranged in writing.
- Failure to comply with these will result in the hirer being surcharged, which will be taken from the balance of the security deposit together with any additional costs incurred by the company.
- No refunds will be given for an early return of the vehicle.
- The hirer acknowledges delivery of the vehicle clean and the contents free from any defect or damage and complete other than as specified by the company on the inventory/damage declaration form.
- The hirer is advised to check the vehicle thoroughly before leaving the Company’s premises.
- Upon return the Company’s representative will check the vehicle for damage, cleanliness, etc; including the interior and exterior condition. This will include any items which have been hired as an optional extra.
COLLECTION AND RETURNS – Caravans
- The caravan will be delivered and collected from the specified site, you must be available to meet at the time specified by the company to complete the handovers.
- Caravans will not be left with a third party unless agreed by the company before hand.
- No refunds will be given for an early vacation of the caravan.
- The hirer acknowledges delivery of the caravan clean and the contents free from any defect or damage and complete other than as specified by the company on the inventory/damage declaration form.
- The hirer is advised to check the caravan thoroughly before the Company’s representative leaves the site.
- Upon return the Company’s representative will check the caravan for damage, cleanliness, etc; including the interior and exterior condition. This will include any items which have been hired as an optional extra.
- We accept no liability for replacement vehicle costs, travel or accommodation costs or any other consequential loss claims arising from breakdown; fair wear and tear excepted, accident or any other such related causes.
- However where possible we will endeavour to provide a replacement vehicle if one is available at the time.
- All accidents and any damage (no matter how minor) to either the exterior or interior including must be reported immediately. (This will enable us to order parts etc so that the vehicle can be repaired upon your return for the next hirer) .
- A £500(campervan) £150 (caravan) damage deposit / Bond is payable at commencement of hire, if the vehicle is returned in good condition, whole and undamaged, with a clean interior, cooker, empty chemical toilet (If included as an optional extra in the hire or used in the caravan ) and no other excesses to be charged, the deposit will be refunded within 3 days.
- For motor accidents an accident report form must be completed at the termination of hire.
- The hirer shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred for speeding, parking fines, congestion charges and for any other offences committed against the Road Traffic Act or traffic regulations.
- The hirer shall be responsible for all overhead damage as a result of failure to check height barrier requirements.
- Damage to windscreen, tyres and punctures are the responsibility of the hirer.
- You are required to check the condition of tyres and engine fluid levels on a daily basis.
- The hirer is required to keep the campervan / caravan under their control throughout the hire period.
- It must be locked at all times when unattended.
- Only one key is supplied with the vehicle. Please keep it safe. In the event of being locked out of the campervan or caravan, any costs incurred will be taken from the deposit.
- In the event of the loss of the key, a replacement will be charged for at a cost of £150. (campervans only)
- Full European and UK breakdown cover is included in the hire.
- Vehicles will be provided with a full tank of fuel.
- The hirer is required to return the vehicle with a full tank.
- The level of the fuel gauge will be noted upon return, and any costs will be taken from the deposit if required.
- A gas cylinder is supplied with an estimated amount of gas required for the duration of the hire period, in the event of running out, refills are the responsibility of the hirer who should ensure that refilled bottles are the same size and fitting and returned with the vehicle.
- Reimbursement maybe made at our discretion.
- You are not permitted to smoke in our vehicles. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW.
- Whilst we will make every effort to ensure that the reserved campervan/ caravan is available, if due to circumstances beyond our control this is not possible and an alternative suitable campervan/caravan is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by you.
- Some features may differ slightly to those illustrated web site.
By making a booking and paying a deposit the Customer/Hirer is entering into a contract with “Canine Campervans” and agrees to abide by “Canine Campervans” terms and conditions.